Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing suppliers, specifically PCA Contract Manufacturers and PCB Suppliers, by devising creative ways to achieve exceptional materials supply with focus on technology, quality, cost, and supply chain simplification.
- Apply knowledge of materials science, PCB and PCA manufacturing processes, NPI/transfer processes and program management to collaborate with and provide consulting to R&D, OF, procurement and manufacturing engineering in the research, specification, sourcing and qualification of materials used in the design, production and re-engineering of Keysight products.
- Manage supplier quality, part qualification, gross margin improvement and value engineering. May be required to lead or support cross-functional teams for transfer projects, value engineering and cost savings projects.
- Lead and work with suppliers for technical specifications study and perform quality issue root cause analysis to meet quality, cost and manufacturability goals.
- Influence the product design to ensure materials manufacturability and conformance with the global supply chain.
- Collaborate with procurement and technical services team to improve/sustain products and processes through technical understanding about material technology obsolescence and future road map.
- Work with and develop suppliers to meet the required deliverables, performance and business objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve challenging and complicated supplier/materials problems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics/ Communication / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent in engineering or science with minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including proficiency in English and able to interact with all levels of employees.
- Possess strong engineering and analytical skills
- Basic statistical and quality tools knowledge (SPC/Process Control, FMEA, Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis and other Six Sigma tools).
- Strong technical background in PCA circuitry and failure analysis process will be an added advantage.
- Technical experience in managing components, electrical parts and cable assemblies, and/or experience in PCB and EMS manufacturing environment is an added advantage.
- Proactive team player who thrives on delivering solutions and results, willing to work extra miles, generate new ideas to support organization growth.